Welders, Fitters, required in Nisku, Alberta!
Reporting to the Weld Shop Supervisor the welder must be able to perform the duties of welding carbon steel to meet CWB requirements, as it pertains to the project.
Specific Duties, but not limited to:
- Ensure that goods and services are produced efficiently
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Removes rough spots from work, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Maintain a clean and safe plant
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Actively involved in maintaining Makloc’s QA/QC policies and procedures
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality
- Maintaining equipment
- Ensuring health and safety guidelines are followed
- 2nd, 3rd year apprentices or Journeyman
-Structural experience an asset
-MUST be able to pass a pre-employment test
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person